Popular Posts

Friday, November 11, 2011




I didn't noticed but the past days, I've been liking the song of Christian B. Though I wanted to share more about his song The Way You Look at Me, let's go into this sensible topic: Covenant.

When you say covenant it refers to legal dispositions or pledges which may or may not have the character of an “agreement.” Sometimes a covenant is more in the nature of a one-sided promise or grant. When God made a covenant with you and me, it's more of a promise that whatever happens to you and me (cheat,lie,etc.) He will remain faithful to His promise. Now I understand why marriage is a 'contract' (agreement of both parties). Now, here we go;


I continually pray for God to purify my thoughts and never let go of His promises. Last Wednesday, Pastor Chinkee Tan shared about the Lord's faithfulness in His covenant with you and me.




Genesis 12:2-3

5 Covenants of God for You and Me:

1. I will make you into a great nation. (IDENTITY)

God created you and me as winners. It is His will for you to become great.He wants you to be the head and not the tail. If you are a Father (Dad), He wants you to lead your family, embracing the responsibility with love and faithfulness to your only wife. If single (like me), God wants you to be faithful in everything  you do, so that when you are ready, He can fully entrust to you the person you've been praying for. Not your prince charming or woman of dreams..but the person whom God chose for you. Be ready and be excited for God's will is ready, you just have to have a heart ready to receive.

I thank God for His security over my life, I maybe troubled for now but His grace will keep me going:)

2. I will bless you. (PROSPERITY)

God's wants us to be prosperous to be generous. Prosperity comes along when you have an open heart to receive and to give.

I thank God for his blessings and His prosperity is magnified in my family, friends and future life:)


3. I will make your name great. (INFLUENCE)

Genesis 41:57  (Story of Joseph)

Influence on a positive note. I am very much excited to influence my future family especially my own children to live in faith with Christ.

We are called to be influencer of faith and not of fear. I ask God for forgiveness coz sometimes I measure myself only at a level. I hope to influence more people especially my siblings (Dayan, Arthur and Egan) that every time they see me as an Ate, they will speak of good things and they will also live by faith.


4. I will bless those who bless you.You will be a blessing. (FAVOR)


Proverbs 10:22 'The blessing of the Lord brings wealth and he adds no trouble to it'

We are assured that God's favor in our lives is never to be doubted. He only wants the best for you and me. He will not give you an immoral wife, if you yourself is faithful today. How come someone give you a snake when it is asking for food?


I thank God because His favor continue to overwhelm me each day. I have prayed for someone before, hoping I could just meet after 3 years of not seeing. Yes, God allowed it and I thank Him for that. I hope my life has blessed that person in spite of that short get together. Thank you Lord!


5. I will curse those who curse you.(PROTECTION)

Psalm 46:1 'You should not live in fear but in faith'


It is God's will where am I now.It is for a reason and I'm glad I made the decision to follow Him with all my heart. God has been protecting our family from the lies of the enemy. Even in my sigle life, He has been protecting me. When I reached Manila in 2008, no one dared to asked me out. Why? simply because God has protected me from frogs. I'd rather wait for him in God's own time. God's protection is sufficient and His grace is beyond our measure.

Life is never easy and it will never be. But my faith in Christ keeps me standing. I pray for you today, always remember that Your God will fight for you, even the deepest desires of you heart he knows. The things and relationships you've been praying will come in His time and in His own way. Let go of your doubts, for He is a God who never lie.



Yon ^_^















No comments:

Post a Comment