Popular Posts

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Healing Came

-FIRST OPINION-
Originally posted lastSaturday, May 29, 2010 at 11:11pm



I got ill when I joined the Pangasinan trip that we had in class
I had doubts joining, but because I'm much afraid of not hitting the grade;I joined
It was a very nice trip, full of fun and a so called “survivor challenge”
I dared to do the trekking, climbing trees, freely falling from bamboo trees, jumping into the waters
I jumped, made forceful moves that hit me to the core

The day after, I had to suffer the most painful muscle pain in the world
My lungs cannot understand the extent of my stress
Even myself do not want to take the feastive breakfast simply; I was broken
After those days, I then started to feel that I'm sick
I cannot stand extreme temperatures-heat and cold

In the office, because it is air con, I always chill
In the house or on my way home, I then suffer slight fever
Until now, May 26, 2010 I still have to suffer the intermittent fever
But somehow, if I won't allow cold temperatures to hit me
Then I'm pretty good..Oh God, how relieving it is to me

I had my check-up then to clear things out
To my surprise..OH MY GOD!!! I still wanna live for many and many years God!
I had a very low RBC, Hemoglobin and Hematocrit count for blood transfusion
It shooked me more, when a doctor told me that my lungs' result might be positive for
C-A-N-C-E-R!

Might be?might be?MIGHT BE? What in the world does might be mean this time?
I cried for nights, telling God to heal me
If a friend ask how I am? I cry, I cry even when I'm speaking
I cry even when someone is telling me that GOD is a HEALER
I knew that, but this time can GOD hug me and watch me as I sleep?Just this night?

It's a very strange thing, when someone in authority would tell you you are SICK!
You walk without your brain with you, you eat trying to munch the food while crying
I always wanted to have my friends or someone with me, even my board mate while eating 
Just like before, I now wanted to pray until morning and read my bible
I am comforted every time HE says : You will be healed, by your faith!

As a consolation, I told myself it's better this way
Thank you God, I have it, not with my friends and my family
It's better me than them, it's better that I testify how great YOU are
While mourning inside, I had to make them feel I'm the YON they know
Strong, happy, smiling, patient-NOW I'm the patient (sadly)

I want to see people laughing out loud, joining with them just like I used to be
Before I cannot appreciate forwarded messages and now I do and even more when they called and say “Hi” or “kumusta ka?” Even when it's out of intention it's worth reading
My desire to go home rushed in, and leave this place NOW!
Then as I contemplated on it, my family would suffer much than I do
So its better to keep it as secret as possible until the moment of TRUTH comes-DYING

Yes, I have read verses like what Paul said that TO live is Christ and TO die is gain
It's not a joke when you know possibilities, you feel you need to do this and that
You need to make your dreams come true, and now its vague?
I felt weaker all the more, everyday and saying to GOD: “Heal me Father, I am your child”
Then I'll put a place where God will sign the healing paper request

-SECOND OPINION-

Then the doctor told me to asked for a second opinion
On that day I woke up late, I don't want to hear again a result confirming that IM SICK
In confidence that God had signed our contract and healed my body
I nervously went with my Tita and walked feeling totally blank
The attendants were good, telling me how absurd the result were for me

On the next day, I was with the two good friends
Making me feel comforted and confident that it shall be fine
Guess what it was? I am shaking when I received the result
Telling me that it was NEGATIVE!
I really am so comforted and relieved, thank you to that reliable hospital

Then I had to change my perspective again, because I'm no longer that SICK
I just have to regain my weight, my energy and my healthy blood and cells
On the other hand, a note said: FOR THIRD OPINION you try for another test to check.
Ouch! I cannot take it anymore. I'm good. I'm eating, trying to eat well.
But the final answer is in the LORD

I may do the third opinion, but 80% of me do not want it
Of course, a NEGATIVE result is enough already for me.
When God said “You are Healed” you should not doubt
because Faith without action is dead.
What a tricky life, yesterday I was the most discouraged, now I'm back to reality

REALIZATION

Life is not really about the amount of time you spent
It's about the quality of your life while living.
When you think and believe that you're sick;definitely YES
I believe that it was a way of GOD to tell me
REST and EAT, your body is my temple

I spent almost 2 years here in Manila working and studying
Not minding of my frail body and limited energy
I sucked for the first time here, NOW
You will really love to spend every single day with your family
Upon knowing you have the LIMITED life, LIMITED time

I know, my life will end someday, just like everybody else
But let me say THANK you for the space I have had before in your inbox
Even in your pictures, late night study habits, and dropping by to read this
You are all my good friends, I'm not kind because I realized one thing much more
But it's an act of telling you all: EAT, EXERCISE, LAUGH, PRAY AND BE IN THE LORD

Ooops! The third opinion is still questionable. Unless my “classmates” pays for the test.
KIDDING!

P.S. To my family who have been the source of my drive to do the working, to my future where I get the strength to do great in school and excel in work, and to the past lessons it will always be the stepping stones of my victories.To my friends, comrades, classmates and ka-facebook,you are all special to me and each of you will always be SPECIAL. Pls pray for me!

Psalm 16: 7-8 " I will praise the Lord who counsels me evrynight my heart instructs me. I have set the LORD always before me because HE is at my right hand, I will not be shaken."


Noted by: Hoping in Faith:
______________________ ________________________
God's signature: HEALING YON Yonylde A. Elcano

No comments:

Post a Comment